Have you bought a iMac or Pro? You will definitely need a second monitor for professional work. With a second monitor, one can do multitasking effectively. For those who are related to designing, monitoring, or color-critical works, second monitors are mandatory.
There is no doubt that the quality of the Apple products display is very high, but the screen size and resolution also matter for effective use. For an office worker, the iMac’s built-in display will be enough, but the designers and programmers will know the importance of a second screen.
A large variety of monitors is available in the market, which can easily confuse anyone to choose the right one. You will find basic level monitors to high-end monitors with the most available features. To help you make a decision, we have reviewed some of the best monitors for iMac.
The shortlisted products are of high quality but differentiate in size and features. You must have a look at this article if you don’t know much about monitors. All these monitors are Operating system independent, which means you can also use these monitors with Windows, and Gaming Consoles, etc.
Top 8 Best Second Monitor for iMac and iMac Pro Comparison Table:
No products found.
Table of Contents
1)-LG 27UK850-W (Best External Monitor For iMac):
If you are looking for the latest monitor, you should have a look at LG 27UK850-W. It is considered one of the best second monitor for iMac due to its features and picture quality.
The design of this monitor is very simple and sleek and will suit any workspace décor. Its thin bezel design makes its appearance cool and gives a wider view feel. With the 27-inch display, you can do multitasking with a larger size interface making your work easy. Following are some features of this monitor.
- Vertical Orientation: LG 27UK850-W is a great choice for coders, as it can be oriented vertically. In the vertical position, more lines of codes are displayed once. This feature makes it easy to read and check written codes. This feature makes it the best external monitor for iMac.
- Picture Quality: Unlike most monitors, this monitor allows HDR10 streaming, which is the highest picture quality. The display colors are factory calibrated to 99% sRGB Gamut accuracy. You can use this monitor for gaming and color-critical work efficiently.
- Build Quality: If we talk about the quality of this monitor, it is a very durable and high-quality monitor and will last for years. If we compared the price of this monitor with other products of the same size and features, it could be an expensive investment but worth its value.
Talking about the performance of this monitor, it is an amazing product with a 60 Hz refresh rate. This high refresh rate allows you to play games without any lagging. In addition, AMD Free-Sync Technology supports a fast and better performance than standard monitors.
When we look at the design of this monitor, we notice that it has a very beautiful and sleek design. Its slim design is designed to fit any workplace. Also, its thin bezel looks attractive at first glance. It has 27 inches screen, which can be used for multitasking.
LG brand has a great reputation, and this monitor of LG has an amazing picture quality. This particular feature of LG 27UK850-W makes it different from other monitors.
2)-LG 27GL850-B Ultragear QHD (Best external monitor for 24-inch Apple iMac):
With this monitor, the users can experience real-time gaming. It has several incredible features, which can elevate the gameplay for all the pro or well-experienced players. With this monitor, one can show a quick response to every opponent’s movement without any delay.
The best external monitor for iMac 5k delivers stunning image reproduction, which can bring the virtual world to real life from any vantage point. In addition, with this monitor, the screen tearing has been reduced to provide a smoother and faster gaming experience to the player.
The monitor has been created to provide an appreciable speed to all gamers. The quick response time can give you ultimately improve your gaming performance.
- 144Hz Refresh Rate: The monitor offers you an ultra-fast refreshing rate, i.e., 144 Hz, enabling it to show quick actions on the screen.
- AMD FreeSync Premium: The gamers can experience a fluid movement in hi-resolution for all the fast-paced games. The monitor can ideally eliminate the screen tearing.
- HDR10: The monitor supports the HDR10, because of which the monitor provides visual immersion and rich colors and contrast.
One thing that we loved about this monitor was its great performance. Due to 144 Hz response time and AMD Free Sync, you get premium performance from this monitor. It enables very quick actions with its 1ms response time. In addition, it allows you to save time with fast refreshing.
The screen surface of this monitor is made of hard coating (3H). This special coating enhances the beauty of this monitor. The overall design of this monitor is very beautiful and can make your setup more attractive. In addition, its 27 inches screen is large enough to enjoy movies.
The greatest thing about this monitor is its fast performance, especially during games. Its 1ms response time and 144 Hz refresh rate enhance the gaming experience.
3)-Philips 278E1A (Best 4K Monitor For iMac):
Philips 278E1A is a monitor with 4K UHD 3840x 2160 resolution for great picture quality. This best 4K monitor for iMac provides four times more workspace on screen, you can scale things up to 200%, but the monitor will still deliver sharp images. It is a high-quality monitor with a beautiful design.
This monitor comes with many remarkable features, such as Smart Contrast by Philips, which automatically enhances the color quality of the picture. You should have a look at its features, which are discussed below.
- Picture Quality: It is a 27-inch display that uses IPS technology that allows you to clearly see the screen from any angle. Unlike most traditional monitors, this monitor comes with a 109% sRGB gamut that delivers a more saturated color, but colors do not get oversaturated.
- On-Screen Display: This monitor features OSD or On-screen Display that allows users to change monitor settings for efficient use. You are able to turn the Blue Light filter On or Off, select Input, and also do sound settings. These settings are controlled using a joystick under-screen bezel.
- Antiglare coating and Speaker: Its screen is coated with an anti-glare coating by which the reflection is eliminated. This monitor uses 3 W speakers, which offers great sound and making it good to use for video conferencing. It is not a high-end feature but can be highly useful sometimes.
This monitor has a 60 Hz refresh rate that provides smoothness while playing games. In addition, users can change monitor settings to have a more efficient experience with its amazing on-screen display. It holds IPS technology that is best for viewing a clear screen from any angle.
Talking about Philips 278E1A’s body design, it has a borderless design that makes it look ravishing even from a distance. Furthermore, the screen of this Philips monitor has an anti-glare coating to remove any reflection from the monitor. 3 W speakers are also present in this monitor to provide high sound.
Its 109% sRGB color gamut makes it different from other standard monitors. As a result, you can have the most saturated picture quality from all angles.
4)-LG 34WN80C-B (Best External Monitor For iMac 5K):
It is an ideal choice for all the professionals out there and comes with an ultra-wide 34-inch screen. The curved screen makes along with factual accuracy, makes this monitor the best external monitor for iMac 5k. The incredible features and built quality are enough to attract gamers, professional creators, graphic designers, digital artists, and game designers.
An ultra-widescreen comes along with color accuracy and decent connectivity. The 34-ich crisp display has been curved nicely, which can render the photos or videos nicely.
Though this computer has not been constructed for gamers, AMD FreeSync, 60HZ refresh rate is appealing for many gamers and other game developers. In addition, it is also a professional choice for photographers, video editors, and all graphic designers.
- Picture Quality: The monitor has a 21:9 aspect ratio, making this screen a better choice than other 4K screens. The extra width makes it a better choice for the films and offers a different screen for the real estate for working.
- Design: The monitor has a straightforward design. It has a large base, along with a curved footprint from where a telescopic arm emerges. And with the help of this arm, you can also make different ergonomic adjustments.
- Game Mode Setting: With OnScreen control, you can get quick and very easy access to the critical monitor settings. Thus, this way, it becomes an ideal choice for all the gamers out there.
Talking about the overall performance of LG 34WN80C-B, it shows smooth performance with a 60 Hz refreshing rate. Its 5ms response rate is not so high but is enough for editing and graphic designing. It handles large work very smoothly without showing any lag.
This monitor is designed to provide comfort to its users. It has an adjustable stand at its bottom that allows you to move the screen anywhere according to your comfort. Also, its body is made of dense plastic with curves at the back that makes it look very beautiful.
The screen display of this monitor is amazing. Its 3440 X 1440p resolution, along with 34 inches screen, maintains the smoothness and quality of the videos and games.
5)-ViewSonic VX2776 (Best second monitor for imac 27 inch):
When it comes to the most affordable but high-quality monitors, the first name that comes up to mind is ViewSonic. This company is known for manufacturing quality displays at a very reasonable price. Undoubtedly, the price is low, but the quality of monitors is not compromised.
Viewsonic VX2776 is a 4k UHD monitor with a thin bezel design. It is considered the best monitor for iMac pro due to its features and functionalities. The premium In-plane switching display has been used in this monitor that allows the perfect view from all angles. This monitor also supports HDR10 pictures, unlike most monitors.
- Eye Comfort Features: It comes with Blue Light Filter and uses Flicker-Free technology for the best display experience. These features are considered a must-have for long hour workers. With proper knowledge of driver settings, you can use this monitor like any high-end monitor.
- Simple Design: The design is very simple but looks great and will suit any workspace or home décor. It comes with a built-in speaker making it even greater for video conferences. This is not a high-end feature but can end highly useful sometimes.
- Picture Quality: The display is factory calibrated with a 110% sRGB gamut for higher color saturation. You can also customize the gamut for color-critical work. With a contrast ratio of 1300:1, this monitor delivers great color contrast.
Performance:At a very low price, this monitor provides some premium features. With 144 Hz, you can enjoy high performance while maintaining the smoothness of the monitor. You can also play high-paced games and graphic designing on its 27 inches widescreen.
Design:View Sonic monitors don’t have an outstanding design but look great in the workplace. It is a simple but elegant monitor at a very affordable price. Built-in speakers are also present in this monitor, which feels very convenient during video conferences.
If you are a content creator and spend hours in front of the monitor screen, View Sonic VX2776 is the best option. Its blue light filter, along with flicker-free technology, prevents eye diseases.
6)-SAMSUNG J791 (Best Monitor for iMac):
The monitor features the Thunderbolt 3 ports, which can connect compatible iMacs and PCs. It can transfer the data and other videos at an incredible speed of about 40Gbps. And this rate is eight times faster than USB 3.0.
The Thunderbolt 3 not only offers three ports but also provides DP, USB inputs, and HDMI. The CJ79 offers multiple connection options for the PC’, external devices, and consoles. It has built-in 7-watt stereo speakers, which provide an enhanced entertainment experience to all the users.
The 34-inch ultra-wide curved display with a 21:9 aspect ratio offers the workspace just the way one requires. It is an ideal choice for multi-tasking, and you can perform all of your functions effectively and conveniently.
- Curved for Comfort: The monitor has a curved screen explicitly engineered to provide a natural curve for your eyes. In this way, the users can get a comfortable view.
- Quantum Dot Color: The monitor provides support for up to 125% sRGB color space. Through this quantum dot technology, the computer can provide bright, crisp, and natural colors.
- 3000:1 Contrast Ratio: Through VA panel technology, the monitor offers you a 3000:1 contrast ratio, providing black and brilliant white along with rich colors.
Samsung CJ79 is an excellent choice for content creators. You can perform multitasking on its wide 34 inches screen. 100 Hz refresh rate ensures that the monitor doesn’t get slow when more than one app is open. In addition, you get the best black and white colors with a 3000:1 contrast ratio.
The design of this monitor is very eye-pleasing. Its 34 inches screen with curved sides looks exceptional in your monitor setup. It is a portable monitor due to its being very lightweight. The black border around the monitor screen enhances the picture quality.
Its several connectivity options make it unique from other monitors. For example, with Thunderbolt 3 ports, you can connect it with Macs and PCs
7)-Phillips Brilliance (Best Second Monitor For iMac):
If we looked a few years ago, USB-c and 4k resolution feature only came in High-End monitors. But now, these features are considered common and must have as all latest devices use connectivity through faster ports. The Brilliance 272P7VUBNB is a low-budgeted monitor with 4k resolution and the fastest ports yet.
If you are related to designing or editing work, this monitor will be a great choice. You can connect this monitor with your iMac for a larger display with accurate colors and contrast.
- Ethernet Port: This monitor comes with a GbE port that is used for using an ethernet cable for the systems with a proper built-in adapter. As modern laptops are slimmer than this port, the GbE port is a great feature and can be useful.
- Ergonomic Design: The design is of this monitor is very ergonomic and can be adjusted for the best possible angle with easy height adjustment. This monitor will also be a great choice for those who do coding and want to orient the screen vertically.
- Ports: It has all the ports available to connect a wide range of systems and devices such as HDMI, VGA USB-c, GbE, and an audio jack. The price is also very budgeted, making it a great choice for those who are low on budget but want to get a high-quality product.
The performance rate of this monitor is not so great, but still, it supports midrange performance. This monitor has a 60 Hz refresh rate that is not incredible but still enough to perform basic works. Several ports are also present in this monitor to easily connect it with other devices.
It has a very decent and simple-looking design with an adjustable stand. You can easily move the screen of the monitor according to your comfort. However, it doesn’t have an excellent design but supports amazing features at an affordable price.
Philips brilliance is a great choice for those who have a low budget. It is an affordable monitor that allows you to do multiple tasks simultaneously.
8)-Acer R27 (Best second Monitor For imac Pro):
Acer R271 is one of the slimmest monitors for a computer that is available in the market. This monitor is the choice of thousands of users around the world due to its stylish looks and features. When compared to other products of the family, the price is also very affordable.
The brightness is 250 nits, which are enough but are not too good to work with windows opened during the daytime. The only reason for its popularity and being in top monitors is its slim and sleek design. This monitor is considered best for multiple display setups due to its borderless design.
- Eye Comfort Features: This monitor uses Flicker-free technology that keeps the screen from flickering, which can be the cause of straining eyes. This monitor uses an IPS panel that can be viewed clearly from any angle. This monitor does not support 4k, but we cannot complain about its price range.
- Design: It is the slimmest monitor that you can get in the market. Not only the screen panel is flat, but the whole display unit is slim and sleek, saving more space on the desk for keyboards and other accessories. If we talk about appearance, it is the best of all reviewed products.
- Price: If we compare the prices of different monitors of the same size, this Acer monitor will be the cheapest amongst them. If you need a monitor for color-critical work or gaming, there are many other better choices. But for basic use such as surfing, Writing, or coding, this will end in a great choice.
With its 60 Hz refresh rate, you get a very smooth and lag-free performance. In addition, it supports flicker-free technology that protects your eyes from any eye strain. The performance rate of this monitor at such an affordable price makes it a better choice.
Design is the best feature of this monitor. It has a very slim and sleek design that looks excellent on a computer table. In addition, it takes less space, so you can put the keyboard and accessories on the table without feeling congested.
This monitor is slim and has a beautiful design. It is currently the best-looking monitor at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1)-Does iMac support dual monitors?
All you required is a Mini DisplayPort, or you can also use the Thunderbolt-compatible MacBook along with iMac and do not forget an appropriate cable to connect the two.
2)-How Do I Setup Dual Monitors On My iMac?
Tose up your monitors on the iMac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click display. You can both of these displays at the same resolution. Click on Arrangement and choose Minor Display.
3)-How Many External Monitors Can An iMac Support?
It can be connected with two displays. And if a display has, it is a Thunderbolt port, and you can connect one display to the other. And after that, you can also connect one of the displays to the Thunderbolt port on the Mac.
4)-What Cable Do You Need To Connect A Second Monitor To My iMac?
For this purpose, you need to buy the Mini DisplayPort adapter. Through this adapter, you would be able to connect the iMac to the external display. You can use this adapter to connect both DisplayPorts and Thunderbolt ports. The adapter lets you connect the iMac with an external display through HDMI, VGA, or DVI. Here, connect your iMac with an adapter.
5)-Is the iMac 27 Inch Worth It?
Yes, it is swift, reliable, and capable of performing different tasks. You would find it basic iMac and in the design; a few things are not good. If you do not want to get a new computer, iMac would not be a bad option. It is a well-made product which can last for a long time.
Above are the top second monitors for iMac, and all reviewed products have great features. But if it comes to choosing the best from shortlisted products, LG 27UK850-W will be the best second monitor for iMac 27. It has all the features that can be expected from a quality monitor, such as Picture quality and connectivity.
ALSO READ: Best monitor for architects