Suppose you are a professional or an internet surfer. In that case, you might spend many hours in front of your monitor to create videos, graphics, or anything else. So it will be crucial to choose the best computer monitor for digital artists so that your eyes don’t have to go through a lot of stress.
As a digital artist, you aim to give the best results to your clients. And for that purpose, you should have a computer with high performance and especially a monitor with high resolution. You might have to consider many things to buy the best monitor out there that will provide the best results.
One more thing, If you are thinking of buying your best monitor from a local market, you might be wrong. The monitors with high specs are not lying around in such places; instead, they need to be found from online stores or big marketplaces.
I know you are here to know about the best monitor for digital artists. I will take you through the six best monitors that I have gathered after extensive research and testing. You will surely love these, and they will make your work quality even better.
Let’s dig right into the selection.
6 Best Monitors for Digital Artists
As the world is advancing, the products and types of equipment are also getting better. You might have already seen 4K screens that can make your work much faster and smoother. But have you heard of a 4K screen? Don’t worry; I have a couple of such monitors on our list that are incredible and affordable at the same time.
1)-Dell U-Series 32-inch (Best Budget Monitor For Digital Art):
Dell is one of the most famous manufacturers in the world of electronics. They have produced hundreds of monitors and other electronic stuff since its emergence. It has always provided the public with unique and promising products that are worth their money.
The Dell U-series is also one of the latest monitors on their list. They have equipped it with some fantastic features that you will love to have as a graphic designer.
It has a 4K display; as I have told you earlier, it is one of the essential things you should look for in a monitor if you are a digital artist. The best thing is that with all these features, It is surprisingly affordable that in my opinion, makes it the best budget monitor for digital art.
The Dell U-series has all the standard ports like the HDMI port, audio jack, USB 3.0 ports, and Mini DisplayPort. There is also a 6-in- card reader on the side of the monitor.
- Ultra 4K Resolution: It has an Ultra 4K resolution. You can enjoy more resolution than a Full HD monitor.
- 32″ LED Screen: It has a 32″ LED-lit screen that provides quality images.
- Color Depth: The peak brightness has been set to 400 nites and has added 4.07 billion colors for color depth.
- One Cable Functions: It only has One cable that functions as a charger and a data transfer wire.
- Comfort View: The screen used is a flicker-free screen that reduces stress on the eyes by decreasing blue light emission.
- Comfort view feature that decreases the blue light emissions.
- The viewing angles are brilliant
- Easy to use and manage
- 4K Resolution
- It doesn’t work with a Mac
- No built-in speakers
2)-LG 27UL850-W (Cheap 4K Monitor for Artists):
LG has been producing some brilliant LCD IPS Monitors. This LG 27UL850-W is a premium 4 K IPS monitor with modern and essential features such as USB-C connectivity. The company claims that it is best for mixed-use, even for business purposes or entertainment.
The monitor has a slim look and doesn’t take up much space when completely assembled. It has bezels on three sides that are almost negligible. It has a low weight but doesn’t look cheap at all.
The LG 27UL850-W has a 60Hz of refresh rate with a 5ms response time. However, the contrast ratio has been limited to 1000:1. The 27-inch LCD screen makes it a bit difficult to read small texts but is excellent for playing games and creating graphics and videos.
- 4 K IPS Display: The LG 27UL850-W has a 4K resolution with an IPS display that is essential while buying any monitor.
- Light-Weight: This monitor’s weight is only 13.45 lbs but has the most premium quality body.
- On-screen controls: These impressive features allows you to make minor adjustments according to your requirements.
- VESA HDR Display 400: This feature helps increase the brightness to up to 400 nits that improve the picture quality.
- Amazing Color Quality
- On-screen controls
- 4K UHD IPS Screen
- Attractive Design with USB C
- Low Contrast
- Only 60-watt charging available
3)-LG 32UL950-W (Best 4k Monitor for Digital Artists):
LG has been the pick of the brands for electronic products. It has been producing some fantastic products for the last few years. This LG 32UL950 has a high price, but it offers excellent features according to its worth.
It has a 32-inch UHD 4K display that picks the features while purchasing a monitor. There is a 98% color accuracy with DCI-P3. It produces 25% more colors as compared to other monitors.
There is a nano IPS display for more accurate color and High color ranges. Due to the resolution, it offers exceptional clarity and subtle details. You can use only one cord to charge the monitor and transfer data at the same time.
- Thunderbolt Chain: It allows you to transfer data and charge your monitor simultaneously with the same cable.
- VESA Display 600: This monitor’s brightness goes up to 600 nits that are more than a standard 400 nits brightness.
- On-Screen Controls: You can handle all the essential features from the monitor quickly and easily. You can adjust volume, split-screen, etc., with one click.
- Thunderbolt 3 Connectivity: This feature makes this monitor compatible with Windows and Mac both.
- 4K Freesync
- Excellent for designers
- 32-inch display
- 600 HDR brightness
- A bit expensive
- Related Post:Best Monitor For Architects
- Related Post:Best Monitor For 3D Modeling and Autocad
- Related post:Best Monitor For writers
4)-BenQ 24-inch (Best Monitor For Digital Painting):
This BenQ IPS Monitor is the best monitor for digital painting. If you are a graphic designer, then this is the choice for you. It has an ultra-slim 24-inch screen for better viewing.
It has a resolution of 1080p that gives razor-sharp clarity. It is less than the 4K resolution, but you will not be disappointed by its resolution too. The IPS technology used in the monitor increases the viewing angle.
The brightness level is less than the standard screen. It is 300 nits but still better than many screens. They have used various technologies that decrease eye stress and headaches.
There is no bezel to distract your work, and it has a VESA attachment so that you can mount it on the wall. The monitor has a backspace that allows impressive cable management.
- Brightness Intelligence: This feature allows automatic adjustment of brightness according to the surrounding. It works well when you are working in a dim environment.
- IPS Wide Angle: The IPS wide viewing technology produces accurate colors and images from any angle. It has an expansive all-side view of 178 degrees.
- Flicker-Free: The screens produce many flickers that can cause eye strain and headaches, but this monitor is free from all those flickers.
- Built-in Speaker and Cable Management: The monitor has a built-in speaker. The monitor also has excellent cable management on the backside the monitor.
- VESA Attachment: The monitor has a VESA attachment on the back so that you can mount it on the wall at any angle.
- Side to side wide viewing angle
- Up to 250 nits brightness
- Eye protection technology
- Ultra-thin screen with small bezels
- No speakers
- Poor text rendering
5)-HP 24mh FDH (Best Monitor For Digital Artist):
HP is well known for manufacturing quality products in the world of information technology. It is one of the best monitors for digital artists. The 24-inch bezel-less screen allows uninterrupted setups. It also offers a one-year warranty as expected.
It has a resolution of 1080p that provides a high-quality image and video. It has extreme brightness and crisp color rendition. There is also a 2-watt built-in speaker so that you can listen to your favorite songs during your work.
The monitor has a DisplayPort, VGA ports, and HDMI. It has an adjustable pedestal, on which you can tilt the screen 5 degrees and 23 degrees forward. You can also adjust the height by 100mm.
- Low Blue Light Mode: It decreases the amount of blue light. It makes the screen warmer for enhanced eye comfort.
- 3-Sided Micro-Edge Display: It allows a seamless experience. It, along with the height/tilt adjustment, enhances the viewing experience.
- Ultra Slim Monitor: This monitor has an ultra-slim screen that takes up less space, and you can have more room for other equipment.
- 178° Ultra Wide Angle: It has an ultrawide angle so that you can view it from any angle and still see the same and accurate colors.
- FHD IPS Monitor: The monitor has a resolution of 1080p that allows you to see better colors and have a better experience.
- Bezel-free screen
- FHD screen
- Amazing eye care technology
- Tiltable mounting with height adjustment
- Speakers faced backward
- Poor color and contrast
6)-BenQ PD3220U (Best Monitor for Artists):
If you are a video editor, this BenQ would be the best option for you. It is reliable and has the best features to increase productivity. It is the best display for video editing and 3D Projects.
The BenQ PD3200U offers 100% support of Rec 709 and darkroom, dedicated animation, etc. It has a Keyboard Video Mouse switch with which the display can support the second PC allowing you to use both at once on a single screen, keyboard, and mouse.
It has a 32″ wide IPS Display with 4K resolution that ensures the best quality picture quality. It also allows the tilt and swivel option so that you can efficiently work in any position or place.
You can rotate the screen to 90 degrees to work in portrait mode. There are HDMI ports, a mini display port, an SD card slot, and two USB 3.0 slots through which you can connect different devices and equipment.
- Eye Care Technology: This feature ensures that you don’t feel any strain on your eyes. The low blue light technology filters the harmful blue light.
- AQ Color Technology: It provides a wide range of colors so that you can work effectively.
- Ergonomic Features: It allows you to work from any angle. It includes the tilt, swivel, and turn 90 degrees for better working.
- KVM: The keyboard video mouse allows you to use more than one monitor with a single mouse and keyboard.
- Eye Care and AQ Color technology
- 4K 32-inch IPS Display
- Best for video editing and 3D models
- KVM for connecting multiple screens
- Not compatible with Macbook OS update
Settling for a lower resolution monitor to save money is not an option if you want to pursue your passion professionally. There is a wide range of monitors with the best features and are also affordable.
In my opinion, the best pick would be Dell U-series 32″. It is the best computer monitor for digital artists. You will find all the essential features in it with the best price and reliability.
So here it is from my side. I selected these monitors after carefully testing and researching so that you can grow your business. Now you can choose the one that best suits your budget and requirements.
Best of luck!